Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Making of Avristar Part 1

Please welcome Rhiannon Paille Author of FLAME OF SURRENDER (The Ferryman and The Flame #1) with a 7 part blog stop  with  The Making of Avristar


Inspirations


When I sat down to write the first draft of FLAME OF SURRENDER, I wasn't a writer. I was a girl that got through English 1 and was taking her Bachelors in Metaphysical Science. I didn't know all the cool stuff about writing.

What I did know was that I wanted to write a story that took place in the other worlds. I had been studying at the Grove of Dana College in 2005 and through that program I became very familiar with the other worlds. A lot of my assignments required meditation, astral projection and immramma to the other worlds. I know you might not be familiar with immramma but it’s basically a very deep meditation.

The place I visited the most was Avalon. You can decide for yourself if it’s a real place or not, but I will always believe that it’s real. For me, Avalon was like an arm’s length away from Earth. It was across the lake, through the mists and hidden. It was known for its apple trees, rolling hills, and mysticism. It was known for knights and King Arthur and Camelot and Morgan Le Fay and Faeries and that was why it was inspiration.

I didn’t write a book about Avalon, I wrote a book about a place that was like Avalon but had a lot more elements that appealed to me.

Tomorrow we’ll look at the names that I chose for my paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment