Sunday, July 10, 2011
Please welcome the Lovely Tara Lain
My Characters Will Introduce Me.
Since this is my first time on Sinn’s blog, it could make sense to tell you something about me. But instead I think I’ll tell you a little about some of my favorite people – my characters. Just knowing them will tell you lots about their collaborator/discoverer (they all exist. I just find them! LOL). Here are a few of them:
· Dr. Emmaline Silvay – My first creation, the central point-of-view character in Genetic Attraction, my first book. Raised by a counterculture, hippie mom in communes, Em is a brilliant and renowned geneticist who adores her career but maintains that streak of the unconventional. In the seven books I have written so far, Em is my only female central protagonist.
· Roan Black – The “supermodel” of The Scientist and the Supermodel, Roan will, I suspect, remain one of my all-time favorite heroes for years to come. Almost mythologically beautiful, he is wildly successful as a model and entrepreneur despite having run away from his Midwestern home and school at 16 to escape his father’s beatings. He is wise, sensitive, loving and desires nothing more than to have love and family of his own.
· David Underwood – The hero of Volley Balls, my new release from Etopia Press, David is the very gay owner of an art gallery in popular Laguna Beach, California. David poses nude in the summer art pageant as the statue of David by Michelangelo. Though very effeminate in style and manner, David is powerful, independent and fierce in standing up for what he believes.
· Daniel Terrebone – One of my M/M/M ménage in the upcoming romantic suspense, Golden Dancer (releasing September 27), Daniel is a man of mystery, a billionaire art collector who may or may not have stolen a priceless statue called the Golden Dancer. Though young, he has a full head of silver hair and eyes so dark blue they appear black. He is an interesting combination of ruthless and vulnerable.
· Caleb Martin – A young professional soccer player on the brink of stardom, Cal, the central character in Deceptive Attraction, has doubts about his desire to live his life as a professional athlete. Big, hunky and intelligent, he has an abiding desire to help people. Deceptive Attraction is the sequel to Genetic Attraction.
So now you know, I’m a dedicated career woman with a bit of the counter-culture; I love people who are both gentle and wise. I’m passionate about diversity and allowing people to be who they are. I adore art and entrepreneurship and believe in finding what you love to do and doing it no matter what anyone else says. A lot of these values are expressed in my new novella, Volley Balls that released July 1 from Etopia Press. And you can win a copy. Here’s how:
Comment on this blog and leave your email address. I will copy it and enter it in the drawing for the copy of Volley Balls being given away this coming Saturday. You’ll be notified by email if you win. Comment and email, simple.
Here’s MORE CHANCES TO WIN! (more complicated so read closely LOL)
· Go to my Book blog http://beautifulboysbooks.blogspot.com. Leave a comment and follow the blog (if you already do follow, it counts). You will be entered in EVERY drawing until the end of the month. A book will be given away every week and you’ll be entered in all those drawings.
· Go to every blog on my blog tour and leave a comment on the day of the post (or at least in the same week) and you will be entered again during the week in which the post is made.
· The entire blog tour is listed on my website http://www.taralain.com/blog_tour_schedule.html and updates will be posted regularly so check it out. There will also be Yahoo Group chats where I will be giving away other books so watch for those! In addition, the Book Blog http://beautifulboysbooks.blogspot.com is Blog Tour Central. Go there at any time to find out where you can earn points for the next drawing and who the winners are.
Whew!! Remember, you can take each one of these steps and have a bunch of chances to WIN! (You just have to enter, the logistics are my nightmare! LOL) Got it? Start by commenting HERE!
Thank you again to Sinn for being such a great host. And thank you so much for coming to say hi. : )
Posted by SiNn at 10:17 PM