Saturday, July 2, 2011

The MPire: In Search of the Lost By T.L. James review

The MPire: In Search of the Lost (MPire #1) by T.L. James

Good reads info
In Search of the Lost is the story of Mallory Towneson Haulm, a sexy financial powerhouse, who lives in a quasi paradise in Austin, Texas. His opulent world is decorated with expensive toys and women more exquisite than an exotic candy shop.

After fourteen years of separation from his family, Mallory is summoned to return home to join The Family Business. Poised for succes...moreIn Search of the Lost is the story of Mallory Towneson Haulm, a sexy financial powerhouse, who lives in a quasi paradise in Austin, Texas. His opulent world is decorated with expensive toys and women more exquisite than an exotic candy shop.

After fourteen years of separation from his family, Mallory is summoned to return home to join The Family Business. Poised for success, Mallory is focused on turning around the ailing business, not realizing that taking his assigned reigns will put him in a position of unrelenting power which he is unaware he even has. His world crashes as he reunites with his brothers and becomes Death, the fourth horseman of the Apocalypse.

With every complication popping up in his life, the biggest one by far is in the form of an old lover from the past coming back to reclaim the spot in Mallory's heart.


My Take: At first when I started to read this It took me a lil bit to get in to the book.I really didnt like Mallory I found him very uppity but a sex symbol that he had to use his seual assets to close deals but after his ritual to cleanse him self after every encounter made me almost feel for him. There were times I got lost and confused then a few pages later it became a little clearer. I love how the brothers form some sort of bond together in the beginning. The dynamic between Mallory and his father even in the flash backs tend to break my heart a little bit considering that I am sure touches alot of children. All and All I love this book and is now on my keeper shelf for sure.


So this book gets The SiNner Stamp of approval!



I love the covers of these books. The settings are vivid and beautiful


Stay tuned for my review of book two.

No comments:

Post a Comment