1. Tell me about your book. - The MPire: Death Cometh: Mallory Haulm’s world unravels to expose life-shattering secrets that move heaven and earth. While Mallory struggles to become Death, his Dad won’t relinquish control. Who will survive?
2.How did you come up with that story line? – Pure imagination and a lot of research to make my story appear credible.
3. How did you get interested in writing this particular genre? – My novels do not fit in a particular genre. It’s a family saga, it’s a love story with erotica and science fiction.
4. What kind of research did you do for this book? – Google and Wikipedia became my best friend.
5. What's a typical working day like for you? – I really don’t have a typical day. I am a fulltime mother, with a day job as a Category Analyst. I write to the stresses from the day.
6.When and where do you write? – Anywhere I can. I keep a notebook next to me all the time. An idea might hit me and I might pull off to the side of the road or in a parking lot and write. I free write and an analytical balance. I used a spreadsheet to “create” my timeline. I added historical events, both real and fictitious. Once I had my scaffold completed, I started free writing, allowing the characters to talk, act, react and acted-up. I use music to set my mood.
7. Do you set a daily writing goal? – No, I don’t have a set. I write when the feeling hits me.
8. What is the hardest part of writing for you? – Promoting my work. My book covers a lot of genres, so pinpointing an exact niche audience has been different.
9. What’s the best thing about being an author? – Getting lost in my writing. My work still evokes emotions in me.
10. What are you working on now? – I have stop writing for the moment. I established an indie publishing company PHE Ink.
11. What advice would you give aspiring writers? - First, write out what your goal is in the publishing industry. Research! Ask lots of questions! And if it sounds too good to be true, STOP! Keep your integrity in tact, even if there are others who have let their integrity and/or honesty slip by the wayside. Know what your breaking points are and remember publishing is a business. You can make beautiful connections, awesome friends but be sure that you take care of business FIRST!
12. Do you have any favourite authors or favourite books? –My solid favourites are Canterbury Tales, Beowulf, and Mythology by Edna Hamilton. Some of my other favourite authors Ray Bradbury, F. Scott Fitzgerald. Anything they have written is great. One of my new loves are Jean Holloway (Deck of Cardz Series).
13. What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview? How would you answer that question? - If you could be one of the Greek Gods, which would it be and why?
14. If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be? – Touched and Highly Suspect – A documentary
About The book:
MPire: Death Cometh by T.L James
A Necessary Evil… Mallory Towneson Haulm, financial wizard and consummate ladies man, brings the four horsemen to completion as he reluctantly embraces his destined charge as Death. While struggling to maintain his lavish façade, Mallory witnesses bits of his glamorous world slipping through his hands. How can he balance his earthly paradise with his diabolical calling of the earth’s fate?
There Can Only Be One… Death Cometh divulges life shattering secrets that move Heaven and Earth as Mallory’s true destined charge transforms him, requiring him to take his rightful place. However, his father, Malcolm is not quite ready to relinquish control.
The battle lines have been drawn and the most consecrated ritual will allow only one to be Death. Who will survive?
The MPire: Death Cometh (Book 2)
Author: T.L. James
Genre: Fiction – Sci-Fi/Thriller/Drama
Published by: PHE Ink (June 1, 2009)
Age Recommendation: 19+, Erotic/Adult Content – m/m content
Format(s): eBook, Perfect Paperback, Trade Paperback
ISBN 13: 978-0-9824475-2-9
Number of pages: 300
About T.L James:
TL James graduated with an MBA from LeTourneau University. At LETU, James cultivated an interest in biblical studies and research. Little did James know, but her love for research would become an integral thread in her writing style.
After many sleepless nights, James began writing her first speculative fictional book, with her newly born son tucked comfortably at her side. She developed the family drama storyline that showcases her love of research, biblical studies and literary classics (i.e., Chaucer, Shakespeare and Mythology). The MPire Trilogy was born.
In 2008, TL James revived PHE Ink, a Writing Solutions Firm, after discovering a number of gaps in the publishing industry. James works with aspiring writers, one-on-one, to develop their literary voice. PHE Ink, also, assists entrepreneurs with transforming their business dreams into defined objectives and business plans.
TL James currently resides in Houston, Texas with her son and immediate family
Where to find TL on the web:
Where to find the books:
Barnes & Noble
Later On today I'll post my reviews for both book one and two .