Monday, January 11, 2010

Welcome EBF author Stella Price part of writing duo Stella and Audra Price

Hi Stella Welcome to my lil space on the net.

Thanks for having me hun! So exciting to be here!


First let me tell you I loved EBF wasnt sure i would since Im not that snake friendly after reading this book I think I rethought my opinion of them.

Im so glad you said that! I want people to know this book isn’t something that’s icky or gross, its sexy and is nothing like peoples preconceived notions about snakes. Im glad you tried it out, and Im glad you enjoyed it!



Please Tell everyone a little about you and your sisters work.


We don’t write what you would consider mainstream kinda work. We write a lot of the darker kinda characters, and you wont find the well-meaning heroes with a heart of gold here, they are all flawed, but its those flaws that make our characters interesting. We write Demons, Djinn, Weresnakes, Satyrs, Dragons, Fallen and Unicorns right now… theres more coming though.




How do you like working with your sister since you both live in two different places.


I love working with Audra. Shes my bff, and it sucks we live so far away from each other. Though if we lived close enough we would probably kill each other so I guess it works out.




I have to know whats with the love of octupi Im relativly new to your work so Im courious.


Everyone has something they love, like animals. Some people like wolves, or pigs, frogs, owls… I like Octopi, I like tentacles, LOL.


Lol good  reason  i get asked why i like dragons and such figured id ask too lol

Why Weresnakes out of all the new creatures you could of picked ?


Cuz no one had done them and we had a chance to really set a precedence for them. We didn’t have to go by prescribed rules, and could build from a simple idea. It appealed to us.


What makes snakes so cool for you?

Snakes the world over are used in sexual rites and are identified with the forbidden. That made them very interesting to us, to see how we could twist that to work for us. We are big snake lovers in real life, so it was just right we wrote about them.

Can we look forward to other cool creatures and such in future books?

Yes, at least we think they are cool. We have a Griffin, a waterhorse, Dagon, Mimic hounds, Nephilim, a race we call Specter and a whole world of


Ghosts…

As most of us know your going to be an aunt how has that changed the way you all think or work on projects? Congrats on the  new little one  neices and nephews are  so much fun

OMG it’s taken such a toll on our working. With the baby comes a full overhaul of the flat my sister lives in, to get ready for baby. Needless to say its been a HUGE undertaking, and its left very little time for us to write. Im looking forward to the times my sisters MiL takes the little one so we can write.

Tell everyone a little about your up coming event in the fall with Authors After dark

Ah, well the AAD is a for readers by authors event in Secaucus NJ September 16-19. The event is designed to get the reader out there with some of ther favorite authors, and allow them to meet and hangout with ones they will soon consider favorites. It is the cheapest event you can go to and get the most out of. 5 meals, parties, over 5000 books given away and a TON of prizes through the weekend. You can check it out at:

http://aadromanceunlimited.com


Whats the strangest thing a fan has asked you?

Um… hmmm…We don’t get weird questions a lot, but someone actually asked us to kill off their MiL in one of the books. I wasn’t sure how we were going to accomplish that, but I think Audra told her maybe.


Have any lil secrets about fellow authors or ur self ur dieing to let others know about

Nah. Im interesting, and I don’t gossip much, I don’t have the time LOL

Lol  i deff understand that
What would you like to know about your fans.

What books they like, what characters they like, what doesn’t work for them.


Could you post a blurb and maybe an excerpt of your new book


Blurby: Thirty females of the Ophidian race have gone missing, most from the transient nest of Las Vegas, a rogue and unofficial nest run by the Saint, John Merrick. Believed to be dead by every Archon in the states, Merrick leads a quiet and unassuming life, saving those of his race that are lost and need it most. It's a solitary existence, one that he hates every day. He yearns for his mate, the woman he left over a decade before, and the woman who thinks him dead to this day.






When Elise Rizdon gets the official invitation to the Archon meeting in Ohio by the leader of a new Midwestern nest, she never expected to see the love of her life at the woman's side, a man she was told was dead and buried. She lost him once upon a time, and she never fully recovered. Focusing on the issues, and not the man that has always made her body burn is not going to be easy. A disturbing event is on the horizon, one that threatens all Ophidian's and their way of life. In order to survive they will have to work together, give up old grudges and take chances on the things that matter most. Love, life and the continuation of their race.

Please tell all your fans new and old where all we can find you on the web

Http://www.stellaandaudra.com
or you can follow my insanity on twitter: 
http://www.twitter.com/eververse



Stella has offered up some cool prizes for some lucky commenters today so  comment away




8 comments:

  1. Great interview. Is there a bonus for being first *winks*! I cannot wait to read the books! I am also still playing with the thought of attending AAD. As for what doesn't work for me, I am not a huge fan of ghost books or dream encounters. I prefer a more realistic fantasy experience.

    robin@intensewhisper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem Robin *pokes stick upwards* no prizes for being first...but there is for being second *grins n twirls* oooh and look...that is i =D

    loved the interview! and although i think snakes are yacky (its that slithery tongue :-s) i DO want to read about the weresnakes..i am intrigued! what doesnt work for me is fugly demons, long as they're pretty im good =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your interview! Your books are definitely not something that be compared to anything that's out there. I wish I could attend Authors After Dark but little out of reach. :( I can't wait to read your books! Love this giveaway especially the prizes that one could win *wink* hehe!

    theteenchannelreviews@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview, Stella rocks!

    wickedlilpixieAThotmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to applaud you for going there Stella. I can't imagine the difficult time you had querying this. I'm really anxious to read it. I love authors who think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to tell you this book is AWESOME deff have to go out and buy it guys you wont be dissappointed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fallon:

    the difficulty has been heart wrenching. 2 years of subbing it out, to hear that the book is great, and they want it BUT the marketing departments think its too much of a risk. I just want to prove them wrong... And get our hot snakes some lovin in the process.

    Thanks to everyone that showed up today! Very excited you could come and play!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Stella For stoping by my blog nd given me the opertunity to read your new book !

    ReplyDelete