Monday, August 29, 2011

review of Static By Tawny Stokes


Static Synopsis:

Be careful what you listen to....




During the summer before her senior year, 17 year old band groupie, Salem Vale, has been following her favorite punk rockers, Malice, from gig to gig hoping that one night she might get backstage and meet the sinisterly sexy guys. She’s been saving her virginity for the lead singer Thane. One fateful evening she gets her wish. It’s a dream come true.



Except the dream turns to a nightmare when she wakes up in a dumpster, tossed away like yesterday’s trash, with no memory of what happened the night before. She feels strange, different, as if something is trying to get out. Soon she realizes she’s changing…turning into something not quite human.



Now a hunger deep inside claws at her to feed, to siphon energy from those around her. Before she can do just that, Trevor, the band’s roadie shows up and stops her from killing. With his help she learns to control the hunger inside, because he’s just like her. And in return he wants her help to do one little thing…



Help him kill the members of Malice.
 
 

My Thoughts:
 
This was a great book. Tawny Did an amazing job from page one I felt  I was there and part of the book. At first Thane reminded me of a guitar player  I know but later through out the book I realized it was the image he portrayed which later Trevor really reminded me of that same person weird how different people remind you of  one person. Salem ( I seriously Love that name) just rocks I felt every emotion like she was right in front of me fromher excitement to her confusion and later her fear then heri nner Strength and her love for Trevor. I Loved the magical eliments and how the story of succibi and such transends to Merlin that was a new twist that I enjoyed. I really thought was cool how Salems mom was a roadie when she was young as well. I do hope there is more to this book because I really want to see more with Salem and Trevor do they ever learn to controll their powers? What is going to happen to the rest of the band? Do Chloe and
Jamie hook up does Jamie ever forgive Salem. Theres some unanswered questions I would love o know. All and All I loved this book Tawny I need more really because now im curious as to what happends next. This deff gets the SiNners Stamp of aproval.

No comments:

Post a Comment