Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stilettos & Scoundrels by Laina Turner Review

Stilettos & Scoundrels by Laina Turner-Molaski


Synopsis: Presley Thurman, a sassy, thirty-something red head, was looking to reinvent herself. She didn’t allow the fact she was recently fired to bother her – she was ready to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming a writer. Presley was a lover of shopping and Starbucks, and even though she sometimes had bad taste in men, she always had great taste in clothes.

However, the new writing job turned into something unexpected when the U.S. Senator she was slated to write about was murdered – in her home town! Presley was excited – she hadn’t seen so much buzz since the spring sample sale at Saks. She was ready for this adventure, even if it didn’t seem to fit neatly into her life. She couldn’t pass up the opportunity to be in the middle of the buzz.

Presley was determined (not to mention curious) to find the killer and write her story. After all, she couldn’t afford her shoe habit without a job and she was certainly not one to shy away from danger. The only thing standing in her way was an old high school fling, Cooper Sands, head of the Senator’s security. He was not actually standing in her way, but because of his good looks, he was the biggest distraction and one she was having the hardest time overcoming. In spite of that, Presley was able to discover the Senator’s wife, Helen, had been having an affair… with her best friend’s boyfriend! Did Helen kill the Senator? Or was it the Senator’s love of gambling that got him killed? And what was Cooper’s secret tie to the mob boss Garrison Palazzo?







Stilettos & Scoundrels

Author: Laina Turner-Molaski

Genre: Fiction – Mystery/Romance

Published by: Five Seas Ink (February 23, 2010)

Age Recommendation: 18 + for language

Format(s): Trade Paperback & eBook

ISBN 13: 978-0578034072

Number of pages: 302

 
 
My Thoughts :
 
 
I really enjoyed this book. It was a fast paced book that  never let me down I  couldn't put it down. I just had to know what Presley and Cooper were up to. I never expected the ending like it did but that's what made this book a hit because you really didn't know who done it. I loved that it was not graphic now I love erotica and such but sometimes  I read books that don't have a heat rating that is more graphic and  I am so glad that wasn't the case with this book.Now I need to know what Presley is up to next.
 

I have to know is there going to be a HEA ending for Presley and Cooper? I really loved the character Dynamic with them. There are many other little things I need to know in the next Books.....

 
 This one definitely gets SiNns two thumbs up seal of approval!

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful review, Beverly. I'm so glad to hear that you've enjoyed Stilettos & Scoundrels.
    Thanks so much! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete