Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Deadly Ties By Vicki Hinze Review







As Posted on Good reads:


Deadly Ties: A Novel (Crossroads Crisis Center)

 
Her enemy will stop at nothing for control …  and everything is not enough

A horrific crime shatters Lisa Harper’s idyllic childhood. Her father is dead and her desperate mother, Annie, quickly marries Dutch Hauk, an abusive monster who soon reveals his hatred for Lisa.  To protect her, Annie defies her ruthless husband and forfeits custody to a trusted friend. Enraged, Dutch vows to keep Annie and Lisa apart—and he does. Years later, though keenly aware of Dutch’s evil intent, Lisa and her mother seize a chance to be a family, safe in a home where love dwells. But they fail to fathom how far Dutch will go to keep his vow.

Determined to control his women, Dutch proves resourceful. His associates in crime are feared at the highest levels across the globe—and for Lisa they plan a fate worse than death. Yet she too has formidable connections: ones like former Special Operations officer Mark Taylor.  Burdened by his own traumatic past, Mark has loved Lisa from afar. Now, for Lisa and her mother to survive, Mark must risk his life—and even more difficult for him, he must trust God—as one question haunts them all: Can Mark and Lisa untangle these deadly ties before it’s too late?









My Thoughts: I usually Don't Read a lot of Christian Fiction or books that doesn't have cuss words or sex and  full all out PDA and romance seems in this day and age its in everything tho Vicki has done it awesomely with this series and this book I am hooked on it the characters were endearing and hits a place deep in your heart I loved it. Lisa is my new favorite Heroine shes strong and sweet and just all around love able and Mark wow just have to say I'm  all for special forces they are near and dear anyways his whole team reminds me of family. My favorite secondary characters besides Nora and Lisa's Mother is Marks whole team Joe and Nick really made me smile and laugh out loud a little could see the camaraderie  and love between all the teammates.



This was just an awesome series and I defiantly  need to read more of this series and I recommend others do so as well.

My Favorite quote is :" Thinks Steel" when Lisa tells Mark " A long time ago,  I had a friend whose dad used to say that it takes a lot of heat to temper steel. I 've been thinking about that,and maybe it takes a lot of heat to temper people too-- to make them as strong as steel"

After reading That quote it made a lot of sense to me and  really we all go threw trials and hardships that sometimes suck but we live threw it it shapes us and makes us who we are so like Lisa and her Mark a lot of us need to "Think Steel"

Where you can purchase This Novel
Deadly Ties @ Amazon
Deadly Ties @ Barnes&Noble

As well as where Most Christian Fiction is Sold


Disclaimer: I was given This book to give an honest Opinion so all thoughts and comments posted here are all my own..

9 comments:

  1. lol. I don't read to many books that don't cuss or anything either. I do read YA, but even then they have cuss words anymore too.

    Sounds like you really enjoyed this one. Great to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made me wonder if I shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Christian romance genre. Oh so many books so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you really loved this novel?
    I've seen it arround quite a bit actually but have never seen anyone do a review on it so it was nice to see what someone thought about the book before I pick it up. Do you recommend it for someone who loves YA?

    Thnaks for your opinion Kelsey x (erm is it ok for me to say enter me now? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelsey i would recomend this to some one who likes YA or anything really its just one of those books that even if you dont ever read the genera when you pick it up you dont regret reading it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find the genre title "Christian Fiction" oftentimes to be too generic - I've read many books under this heading that really shouldn't be - there's no Bible references and certainly no references to Jesus, around which Christianity is centered. I don't know if this book fit the bill or not, but it's good when you can still enjoy a book despite the stereotype.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of Vicki's series, but I've lots for good reviews for it.I'm adding it to my
    TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of this book until now. It seems like a wonderful book. I will definitely have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to thank you for this review. Honestly, I don't really read Christian novels. I tend to run the other way.

    But, I keep seeing Deadly Ties pop up here and there. And, after reading your thoughts on the book, I have to admit it's piqued my interest. It sounds like the type of story I could really get into. And I think I'm going to have to check this one out. So, thank you!

    ReplyDelete