Monday, November 29, 2010

Tyger Tyger Review


Synopsis as found on good reads

Tyger Tyger (Goblin Wars #1) by Kersten Hamilton (Goodreads Author)

Teagan Wylltson's best friend, Abby, dreams that horrifying creatures--goblins, shape-shifters, and beings of unearthly beauty but terrible cruelty--are hunting Teagan. Abby is always coming up with crazy stuff, though, so Teagan isn't worried. Her life isn't in danger. In fact, it's perfect. She's on track for a college scholarship. She has a great job. She's focused on school, work, and her future. No boys, no heartaches, no problems.

Until Finn Mac Cumhaill arrives. Finn's a bit on the unearthly beautiful side himself. He has a killer accent and a knee-weakening smile. And either he's crazy or he's been haunting Abby's dreams, because he's talking about goblins, too . . . and about being The Mac Cumhaill, born to fight all goblin-kind. Finn knows a thing or two about fighting. Which is a very good thing, because this time, Abby's right. The goblins are coming.


My Thoughts on this book,


I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it for sure i honestly didn't want it to end. Aiden Captured my heart the way only a lil 6 yr old could and Teagan her courage when things got tough really spoke  to me, Abby well what can you say about her shes a fearless friend that everyone wishes they had but so very few ever could, Lennie all I can say is when  I read that Lennie is the  go to guy on all that's scary for Aiden instant love there as well, Aiden and Teagans Father and mother hold a pivotal  part and what happened to her  mom made me sad yet didn't drag away from the story and her Mamieo she is fun and funny definitely another favorite character of mine and last but surely not least Finn who doesn't love Finn all Irish and sexy in that boy to man sorta way all I can say is Promises mean a lot to me so reading this book and seeing that Finn kept his even when he didn't have to definitely made me smile and understand the true meaning of love for sure.

His line to Teagan tho stuck with me and it probably always will " Tea " "I'm Going to change that plan of yours" instant shiver awe moment for sure

The imagery in my head of  Mag Mell and the Yggdrasil were full of colorful imagery and fearful plights all in one really.  this book is full of magic of old and new The spin on Irish lore and tradition is also awesome. Full of magic and intrigue where you find your self rooting for the bad guy turned good and the plight of all involved.


I have to say Teagans fight with in her self when she discovers who she is is just like every other teenager who has ever wondered and found self discovery. This Book is one that shows a promise isn't just a promise it actually means something.Its full of wit and laughter courage and family and Love. Definitely one of my top books of  2010 cant wait to see whats in store for these characters.

If you haven't go buy this book and read it and check out
and go check out Kersten's site
Kersten Hamilton is the author of several picture books and many middle grade novels. When she's not writing, she hunts dinosaurs in the deserts and badlands outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico, where she lives. This is her first novel for young adults. For more about Kersten, please visit http://www.kerstenhamilton.com/ .

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like the book. I loved the Irish lore as well - a lot of it was new to me. And my favorite character is the little brother - so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine too who doesnt love Aiden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Just Wow. Thank you for the awesome review, SiNn! You totally *get* my characters and my book.

    I'm going to be happy all day after reading this. Maybe for a lot of days. :)

    ReplyDelete